Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 9! Base Phase almost done (and mental breakdown #1)


Week 9 was a swim short due to some emergency room visit for the husband and then another for a visit to the immigration peeps. Andy is fine and we passed our interview so missing 1 out of 2 swims for the week was well worth it!

I am still in awe that my short runs during the week are now over 5 miles each time. And with that I'm even more amazed that I'm clearing about 18 miles a week. Being only week 9, I know what is to come soon... which is adding another run into the mix, I'm sure I will be running over 25 miles a week soon.

This week also marked my first total mental breakdown during this training process. I have read that sometimes all this training can cause mood swings, anger, depression, etc. But I just wasn't quite sure if I would fall victim to it because I am generally an even-keeled person who doesn't let things get to her very often. At least, so I've been told! But.. yeah, it happened. I won't go into specifics, but I was just super easily irritated and I didn't know when to just STOP, and the irritation turned into anger, and then that anger made me just feel like knocking my bike over and then I kicked the vacuum that decided to overheat. =/  I never get physical like that with stuff (and I really do mean never), this being the first time,  I'm actually pretty embarrassed even if Andy was the only one who saw. Eventually I blurted out, "I don't know why I'm mad, but I'm really mad!" and then I went and sobbed in the middle of the floor. I lied there for a little bit and relaxed. Felt better and made sure I sat and took it easy at ANY time I started to feel overwhelmed. I went for my run workout that day, and then chilled with some booze... :)

Actually.. now that I've put the week together and how it went with the ER, the interview, and whatnot.. maybe the breakdown makes sense.. like I guess I was more stressed than I thought? Hmm.

Going into week 10 feeling pretty good though I have to admit sometimes I just wish there were two days off in a row let alone maybe two days off in a week..