Monday, May 27, 2013

Weeks 4 & 5 - foot pain :(



Week 4 was a recovery week, and I guess it sorta felt like recovery. Mostly I recovered from my insane hunger that could not be satiated. I figured going into week 5 I would start to get hungry again but it just hasn't happened. The only thing that has happened, is that I seem to have developed a flair up of plantar fasciitis in my left foot. I think it has something to do with June 19 and 20 where I ran two days in a row. I would say that I pretty much knew after the run on the 20th that Wednesday's run was going to be a little painful. I had to stop and massage/stretch almost every 10-15 minutes. Come Sunday's run, I put a lot of time into foam rolling, massage, and stretch before I went out AND I also put my 'stability wedge' back into my left shoe.

Not only was I feeling the PF, but I also got this weird lump feel in the ball of my foot and toe numbness, which I can only diagnose as Morton's Neuroma. Which is another reason I put the stability wedge back into my shoe. That wedge seems to put the MN on the back burner, and it makes the PF juuuuust noticeable enough that still worry about it, but I am hoping it will heal on it's own while I continue to run. Ibuprofen and ice and comfy shoes everywhere I go until it's healed up. 

I also haven't been going to Friday swim. I am not too sure why, I think it has something to do with Thursday's rest day and it just not being enough rest? I will try to go this week since the following week I am out of town and will have no opportunity to swim unless I swim at the hotel pool or something.

Rest days are a whole other thought since Thursday's tend to be the one day out of the week I just get extremely grumpy and it usually bleeds into Friday until I do my workout. I have to wonder if my body is so used to the endorphins or whatever I get from the workout, and the rest day lets those levels go too low and then I get grumpy. I will have to do some Googlin'!