Friday, May 10, 2013

The three states

It's midweek of Week 3, everything is going pretty well. Today is Friday, so yesterday was a full day of rest, yay! So, what I've noticed is that my body really is only up to feeling/doing three separate things:

Sleeping----HUNGER----Training

Basically when I am awake, I'm always so freaking hungry. I cannot eat enough food to make me stop being hungry, not just regular hungry, I'm STARVING. I eat dinner and then I'm hungry again 2 hours later. I go to sleep hungry, wake up in the middle of the night hungry, wake up hungry. It's almost frustrating. According to my garmin data, I burn about 4000 calories from working out, I am basically negating two full days of eating every week with what I'm doing. Top that with trying to stay relatively gluten free (paleo with rice and dessert :P), I think I need to eat more potatoes!

I'm also very sleepy. Seems like every since last Friday on the drive to Tulare I have not been able to sleep enough to stop being really sleepy during the day. I've had 10 hour nights of sleep, and wake up sleepy! Today doesn't really count because I was out from midnight to 2:15am for work related ventures, so yea.. I'm pretty tired today. But, this is okay because after my bike ride after work, it's time for the Kings hockey game, and each time I sleep through the game, THEY WIN. (Now that I got it down in writing, I'll probably not fall asleep, or they'll lose while I nap) But, yes.. sleepy, and it's only Week 3!

Training is going well. I have not had any issues with just absolute dread of doing a workout, I'm actually enjoying this, though I know a lot of attitude can change in the next 27.5 weeks.

Next week is the real test. I'm on call 24/7 for work AND I'll need to do my training. Glad Week 4 is a recovery week, which cuts back on workouts, but does not eliminate them.