Thursday, May 16, 2013

Week 3



I don't have too much to report on this week, except it's the most voluminous week so far. Which isn't saying too much considering this is only week 3! Sorry for the poor picture quality of the Mon-Sun week. Just 9 hours and 20 minutes of working out and supposedly 4,267 calories!

Saturday was cool. I skipped Friday's optional swim workout for an optional Alamitos Bay swim. I wanted to see how I was doing with swimming distances and also swimming in my wetsuit. The first time I tried it on, it was extremely tight (which gets looser as you fill your suit with water), and my arms would just fatigue like crazy. I read some tips online about where places of the suit get sorta bunched up and where you need to move those bunches in order to free up some shoulder room. I took all the tips and set out to swim for 1 mile in 1 hour, that was my goal. I made 1 mile swim in 35 minutes with four rest breaks! What the crap.. all this swimming is totally paying off. I'm not sure why I'm too surprised about 1 mile being easy since I swim over a mile in master's class, but this time in a wetsuit and open water, YEAH!

Saturday's swim was about the only thing 'cool' about the weekend. Record breaking heat of 100+ temperatures everywhere I worked out. So it was about 96 degs for my 1 hour jaunt saturday afternoon around 4pm, and then it was about 98 degs for my 1:45 bicycle ride with my Dad on sunday. Sunday was Mommie's Day, so after the ride we went out to the coast for dinner and the temperature was much more amenable.

Currently on my Rest Day of week 4, which is a recovery week. I'll be posting about that hopefully on Sunday. :) Preview: Not nearly as hungry as last week.