Friday, July 26, 2013

Week 13 - Looks like I'm hungry again


Totals:
Run : 19.67 miles + 15 mins treadmill
Bike: 76.05 miles (estimation since I think trainerroad makes my speed like 3 mph slower than outside)
Swim: 5,100 yards

This is my 3rd week of Build phase and I am not sure what to really think anymore. It was easy just getting up, going for a run or bike at an easy zone 2 heart rate pace, not really having to think about the workout exactly, I just knew I was getting better and the long run/bike was pretty much cake. Three weeks into doing zone 4 intervals in the middle of my easy zone 2 pace is almost leaving me with certain DREAD when I have to go for a run/bike.

Just yesterday I had my afternoon run and I had to do TWO 4.5 min intervals in a run where my legs just did not want to move fast enough to even bring me into zone 2. My legs were dead from Sunday's 50mile/2.8mile brick workout, I think.

After awhile, I was thinking that I am not sure I want to do this anymore. I mean, I know I WILL do it, I'm not going to quit, but damn this training stuff is hard to do every.single.day. (except Thursday :P) I try to go to sleep early, but can't seem to stay asleep, I wake up feeling groggy, hungry, sore, tired. Did I mention hungry? Today I ate a 1/2 pound cheeseburger and half a load of thick fries, gah! AND I WASN'T EVEN FULL. I would really like to go back to eating primal, but I just am not sure I could hack it. I am going to try to up my protein intake and see if that helps with the hunger and soreness.