Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 24 - Good volume, santa ana winds.


First I'll start off with that I may have miscounted last week and it was week 23.. but I think I'm starting to lose my mind over all this counting.. So I THINK this is week 24...

At any rate, this week was def. more like it! Total training time of 12 hours 13 minutes, and this was a low swim week due to the lack of a vehicle to stay for the entire swim class. I went out to Alamitos Bay to swim and it was really windy so I got to swim in some chop. The chop was good practice, and I would have stayed longer (only 23 minutes), but I've been feeling this weird pain in my right leg lately. I would rate the pain as a 7/10 and it's this weird nerve pain in my groin. It sucks, and I think swimming is the aggravating exercise that does it.

The Santa Ana winds were pretty crazy all weekend, which brought in some high heat and some single digit humidity. Sunday's bike ride was interesting to say the least. But it also was HORRIBLE! Bleh! Okay, not horrible, but I hadn't felt sick on a bike ride in quite awhile. I picked the ride.. and I knew it had quite a bit of climbing, but I just needed something new. Riding all these flats lately, and it's been boring me to death. I had a camelbak type pack filled with 2.5 Liters of water, 2 bottles of Perform and 3 Gu to get through the planned 60 miles. It was good I brought all that water (even if my Dad did make fun of me!), my Dad refilled his water twice off my packed water :P, but daaaang when we got to mile 50 or so, it was just this wave of feeling like I was going to vomit and it wouldn't go away. We got almost to our planned destination and instead got picked up about 3 miles away and then got to eat lunch/dinner with my Mom and Andy! I got a gigantic full sugared coke and it was awesome!