Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Week 22 - is this all I really did all week?


I'm a bit disappointed in my totals for this week. I guess the excuse is that my motorcycle kinda died early in the week so I was a bit thrown off by not having a way to get to work or get to swim. My long bike for the week was sacked because well.. I just didn't feel like it. Which is a poor excuse, but riding for 5 hours by myself up and down the San Gabriel River Path just felt... unmotivating. So, instead I went to the LA County Fair! I think it was worth it. Mentally speaking, all the exercise is getting to me. But, then I look at how much I've been doing for the month of September, and I actually missed quite a few workouts, averaging about 8 hours a week only. =/

October is a new month and it is also the last full month of training! I am going to try real hard to just suck it up the whole month and do these next 5 weeks to the best of my ability. Right now I am having to deal with only be able to go to swim class for 50-60 minutes instead of the usual 80-90 minutes, but other than that, I am going to do the workouts. All should go back to normal when I get my motorcycle back. I am still getting over that barrier of not doing an entire workout just because I can't do the full 1.5 hours.. I need to say, "I can fit in 1 hour, so I'll do 1 hour. DONT SKIP!"

After 5 weeks, it is all taper until race day. So let's make this a great 5 weeks!