Friday, April 19, 2013

Week 1 Jitters

Today is Friday, and I sit here realizing I only have two days until I officially start my training on Monday. I don't know what it is, but a week ago I was ready to start right then, but now that it's really going to start, I feel almost unmotivated. Don't take it the wrong way though, just because I 'feel' unmotivated right now, doesn't mean that in two days I'll just say, 'forget it', and sleep in and do no training.

I wonder if the Baker 2 Vegas Relay had anything to do with it. When it was over, my legs were pretty tired, so it was nice to have a few days off. But then again, I went to the pool at 6am on that Monday and felt great. But, I had it in my mind that I should really take this last week off so I managed to do no other workouts after Monday. So, here I sit on Friday.. just wondering if I made the mistake of letting my momentum disintegrate.

Sunday I am going to a Meetup group for ocean swimmers so I can practice my wetsuit swimming. I find my body gets so damn tired when I swim in a wetsuit. With the person there to give tips about swimming, I am also hoping he will be able to give me some tips on whether I have the wrong size suit, or if I just don't put it on correctly.

I hope Sunday's swim makes me feel more motivated to start this 30 week journey.