Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Week 0 - Before the madness begins

It's week zero. Or rather -0.5 if we're being technical. I start my Ironman training in 12 days. This is really just to document this event, and if you are reading and want to play along, that's cool too. I hope to post at least once a week, maybe more. And I also hope to not write huge posts that are just too long to keep up with.

The Plan: Be Iron Fit by Don Fink -- Competitive Program
This book lays it out pretty easy, 10 weeks Base Phase, 10 weeks Build Phase, 10 weeks Peak Phase. It starts at 6 hours/wk and will peak at 20 hours/wk, when it will cut back and it's then time to race! I know it's called the "competitive program", but as you'll see by my race times below, I ain't winnin' no races any time soon. I just want to be well prepared and finish in time!

Past Races (Where I'm Comin' From)
Hansen Dam Sprint Tri 2009 - 2:13:31
Bonelli Park Turkey Tri 2009 - something horrible, we don't talk about it.
Hansen Dam Sprint Tri 2010 - 1:46:24
Disney Half Marathon - 2:55:23
Griffith Park Rocks 10k - 1:02:00
Lake Havasu Sprint Tri 2013 - DNF
Bonelli Park Sprint Tri 2013 - 1:51:48

Ironman Race:
Ironman Arizona
Location: Tempe
Date: November 17th, 2013