Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 28 - Sorta taper, but not really?

I haven't really decided if this week was supposed to be a taper week or not. It obviously has a drop in run/bike time, but it didn't really seem to have a break in intensity like the next two weeks do.

I took the opportunity to throw in a final open water swim to see how 2.4 miles felt swimming. I knew I needed to at least do the swim distance once so I could calm my mental nerves before race day. I also took the temp of the water (64 degs at the shore, it got considerably colder where I swam) and also wanted to try out my neoprene swim booties. I spent most of the swim making sure I didn't try too hard. I knew I still needed to run 2 hours later that day, and I wanted to get a complete prediction for what I might do on race day. Doing the swim in less than 1:19:00 makes me quite happy. I'll be even happier if I can draft off someone in Tempe. :P

The week was good, didn't completely miss any workouts, though I did cut a run pretty short. I meant to run around til dark, then finish on the treadmill. I made the mistake of looking at my phone after I got back and then started texting and got distracted. =/

Next up is making sure I have everything I need for the race and hope for an easy week of work on-call! yay taper!